Translate

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Mad About Machines

Hello!

I've been working on a quilt and will be showing that to you once I get to the halfway point ;)

I do love older sewing machines from the turn of the century.  They are so beautiful! And each one has a story to tell!

In November, one of my sewing teachers was selling her treadle sewing machine and I jumped at the chance to bring it home!  I've been looking for one like her for quite a while!  Her name is Valentina.  Lily had her cleaned and replaced her belt and she works!  She's been in my sewing area since then and I love the look of her! 



She even came with a box of feet and spools!  Have not had a chance to play on her yet though...

THEN I went to visit my mom and was offered to use my grandmother's sewing machine while I was visiting. 

We tested it and were amazed at how well it ran and SO quiet!  When I tried to use it a couple days later we couldn't get it to load the bobbin.  Did exactly the same thing, but the thread will not come up from the bobbin area.  I'm thinking maybe a spring needs to be replaced maybe...  Mom gave me permission to bring her home and see about getting her fixed.


Don't know what to call her... I called my grandmother 'memere' but that doesn't sound like a good name.  Or maybe yes?  I'll take suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...