Translate

Friday, July 31, 2015

Annual Publishing Event

Hi!

One more Oriental project to finish off my birthday month and my reign as Spotlight Artist of the month :) 
Each year at OSA we run a swap called and Annual Publishing Event.  A wonderful organized person takes charge and chooses an theme for the year along with the size.  At the beginning of summer the final numbers are tallied and we are to make that number of pages and two covers and send them to this person.  Just after the new year we all anxiously await delivery of a finished published book. 


This was the book I received for 2014.  Looks yummy doesn't it?  The theme was 'The Year of the Child'.  I covered my front and back covers with washi papers from my collection.
For my page, I started by stamping many copies of the stamp 'Yoshimi' by Sister Stamps and colouring them in with my Wink of Stella and Wink of Luna brush pens by Zig.  They give everything a nice shimmer.  Then I hand cut them out...
The background paper is by Basic Gray called Konnichiwa-Hello Friend.  I edged it with one of the brush pens, then added a torn corner of gold vellum.  The kanji stamp is by Art Neko called A pure Heart.  To hold the gold vellum in place I used the EK Success Fastenater and a gold staple.

Now off to plan for this year's APE- Kites and Flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...