Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Unbirthday Party!

Hi!
Wanna know what I've been up to?
I've been planning and hosting an Unbirthday Party!
I do not have many close friends and as the years go, I'm becoming more forgetful of keeping in touch or remembering birthdays... So I planned an unbirthday for a small group here in the house on Feb 21.  (For we are given only ONE birthday each year, but we also have 364 UNbirthdays! - Mad Hatter)  Each guest was asked to dress inspired by Alice In Wonderland characters and to bring a small $10 wrapped gift for a gift exchange game.  The rest was all me! 

I decorated the house:

 (altered dollar store Happy Valentines Day banner)
 (punched playing cards strung on textured ribbon)
(signs mimicked from the animated movie)
Created a Photo Booth area:
 (flowers and bread-and-butterfly mimicked from animated movie)
 (my godchild Larissa and I)
(altered goodwill sunglasses)
I planned and created some some fun food:

And we had fun!


I hope to make this a yearly event on different dates and maybe outside, so more can come!
Quite a fun way to beat the winter blues!


1 comment:

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...