Translate

Sunday, August 10, 2014

What's Quirky Cooking? ... With Ribbons!

Hi all!

Time to remind you about Quirky Craft Challenges current challenge of What's Cooking?  Robyn's Fetish provided us with some cool images to play with.  This week I played with the appropriately named 'Cake'.  I coloured the printed images with my SU! markers then trimmed them ready to add to my projects.  I had a square left of paper from last week (Berry Patch by Imaginise), so I used it to mat the first image.  On the 5x 6.5" white card base I placed a scrap piece of glitter green card then wrapped it with some Michaels strawberry ribbon.  Add my matted image then stamp 'celebrate' in the bottom right.  Voila!  A pretty birthday card!

Card two took advantage of an old scrapbooking mat from my stash to mat the image.  It was the perfect size for the card front too!  Then just wrapped it and tied a bow with some fuzzy green decorator ribbon from my stash.  Wanted to add a 3D element, so added some old Sandylion strawberry fuzzy stickers. 

Have fun all!

1 comment:

  1. Your cakes look extra yummy Cindy, I would love a slice of the chocolate with strawberries on top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...