Translate

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Stencils and Masks PAGE

Hello!

I always have fun with stencils so I decided to try my hand at another page for my Multi Media Journal.  This is another reminder for the challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenges.  One more week to join in on the fun with the possibilites of winning some images! 

I started with a page I had created with stencils and my Gelli plate earlier.  I used The Crafters Workshop stencil TCW171S and some Portfolio pastels to outline the centre tree image.  I found the image needed outlining with a permanent metallic pen too. The main image is the same Clover image I used on Friday by Paper Pretties also coloured in with watercolour crayons and a water pen.


 I cut around the top of the circle and tucked in another sheet of paper that was created when I sprayed other projects with the Tattered Angels spray mists.  (No I do not just throw away all background papers!  Sometimes they are pretty too!)

 I started with a couple of stencils and inks, (green and leaves, then black with mini dots) but the page was getting rather dark.  So I took out some white embossing paste and died a bit of it with green ink.  Spread through the Stencil Girl L135 leaf stencil I got the lighter look I was after. 

Now to finish it off!  A stip of Gelli printed paper in purple, the cut out puppy and a quote from the Dylusions stamp set DYR34520.  This in now in my favourite quotes journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...