Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mixed Media Mayhem

And computer mayhem too!
Sorry for the late posting... Internet jam this afternoon!

This week at Quirky Crafts Challenges Mixed Media Mahem is the theme and Squigglefly gave us some great images to play with! I chose Stacked Owls and immediately thought of a quote I read lately.  So I took out my art book and played around with some of my lonely supplies!   This book is 8x10 (mistakenly called it 9x12) made of hard pressed watercolour paper.  I started with various watercolour based sprays and stencils to give some depth.  Then stamped some books along the bottom left and right.  The Stacked Owls image was just perfect for this page, at the top of the books on the right.  I used the tape transfer technique to place the image onto my page with clear gesso.  The final stencil was inked with dye ink and the quote is written in my own hand with a Sharpie.
I've got to get into these supplies more often!  I've gotten rusty with my techniques...  What kind of creative fun have you been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...