Translate

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Aunty Olive

Hello all!

In the middle of this flu, Jim and I were told of the death of his Aunty Olive.  She was a neat lady!  An adventurous classy woman who worked, traveled and never failed to spend time with her family which included us.  When Jim and I were first engaged 20 years ago, she came down the following summer and did an 'inspection' of the woman her nephew had decided to add to the Connell family.  We spent quite a bit of time talking and visiting Edmonton and when a routine call was placed to the patriarch of the family, I was surprised with her shouting to her older brother "She's a keeper Ken!"  It still makes me smile today. 
I don't know about you, but when given the news of a loss like this, I need to create.  I put some classical music on the CD player, went through my stamps and supplies and picked out items that made me think of her.  The result was this card I created and sent to her remaining brother and sisters. 
The stamp set is a retired one from Stampin Up.  I coloured the flowers with markers directly on the stamp, spritzed with water and stamped.  Spritzed again and did another impression.  I repeated the procedure for the opposite corner.  The center of the lattice die was cut out to allow space for the greeting.  I layered both of these onto printed vellum, then torn mulberry paper, then the 5x6.5" card front.  The paper flowers were added and embellished by half pearls from Stampin Up.  Simple and elegant, just like the lady. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...