Translate

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sympathy

Hello!

Sympathy cards are cards I take very seriously.  In 2009 our family had a horrible year with the loss of two parents and our 12 year old dog.  I took great comfort in receiving a note and or a card from my online friends.  Don't get me wrong!  Family and close friends were there for us too, but these ladies who only know me by my online presence touched me with the effort they made to create and send me a card.  3 such friends recently experienced a loss and I needed to create some cards.  I created a couple extra to have on hand next time.   When I create sympathy cards, I am constantly thinking of these and other friends/family who have lost someone.  These are truly works of love.  Peace to all who have had to go through this life changing event. 

This card is 5x6.5". I cut a 4.5x6" piece of Stampin' Up paper, covered with a 4x5.25" piece of SU! paper from the same set. 
I stamped this little Asian girl (cannot remember where she is from!)  onto Sizzix peach paper, then masked her as I stamped the text stamp by Stamp Magick over top.  Stampin' Up markers were used to colour her in, then I used my tearing ruler to rip the edges and rubbed them against a red ink pad.  I placed this collaged image on the matted card. 
Red crocheted trim down the left and a button brad finish off the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...