Translate

Friday, August 2, 2013

Loves Rubber Stamps Design Team

Hi there! 

I love to follow guidelines or challenges when creating cards.  I come up with fun ideas on my own, but a challenge gets my creative juices flowing!  For this reason I am applying for a spot on the design team of Loves Rubber Stamps

I've been creating cards since 2000 when Stampin' Up! expanded to Canada.  I was aware of stamps but found them fussy to use and clean.  My girlfriend showed me how to heat emboss with gold embossing powder and introduced me to the scrubby style stamp cleaner.  SOLD!  My collection then grew exponentially over the next few years!  Fortunately my skills improved as well.  I went from stamping various stamps on a card front (and that's it) to now doing more layers and techniques and using all sorts of ephemera along with the stamps!  It is amazing what you learn on the internet and from friends you meet in this hobby!

I have been blessed to be a member of the design team at My Heart Pieces for a year now and also to have cards published in various magazines.  (Check out my 'Published Cards' page!)  I have created personalized scrapbooks that I have given as gifts and even sold a few!

These are some of my favourite cards. 

This one I blogged about in August 2011.  It was my first step card and also the first using so much ribbon and 3D items!
http://connell-crafts.blogspot.ca/2011/08/out-of-box-card.html

 
Sometimes paper inspires me... this one is more recent and I blogged about it in June.
Yep it's another dragon!  I couldn't help using this Dylusions quote.  It SO matched this guy's expression!
 

Man it's hard to pick 3 favourite cards!  But this is my third card.  I blogged about it this week, "Using Stitching".  I used pencil crayons for the first time in a while!



1 comment:

  1. These are super fabulous, thank you so much for applying. I also love learning things from different stampers on line and going to classes to freshen up my mojo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...