Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

Love & Magic

Hello!

I've created this card for a challenge currently on at Loves Rubber Stamps: How Charming!  We need to use a charm.  Well I have charms!  Actually I have too many things!  So I went shopping in my stash and found these heart charms that would work very well!  I also used 2 different Whimsey Stamps.  This adorable little girl is called Hopeful.  She was a gift from my friend Judith, in Ontario. I also used the Love stamp from the Magical Mini Letter Seals set.  I used my Stampin' Up markers to colour her in and accented some bits with a metallic pen. 

I folded a 6x12 sheet of green shimmer cardstock from Die Cuts With A View.  (LOVE THIS SHIMMER STUFF!)  Freehand cut the heart, leaving a hinge at the top of both crests.  Used K& Co 6x6 paper from the Life's Journey pad and again freehand cut the heart from the centre of the paper.  Used exactly the same paper on the inside to give the card a 3D look.  Used some hemp cord to wind around the top left and hold the charms.  Behind my coloured cutie is a Grapevine Wreath heart sticker.  Stamped and punched the Love seal and placed it in the top right. 



On the inside is a punched heart placed over the cord to help keep it in place.

Go shopping in your stash!  You'd be amazed what you'll find! These charms were found a long time ago in the dollar store!  Hugs!

3 comments:

  1. Love your heart shaped card, it is absolutely beautiful! The image is so sweet and the charm is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fold. Very sweet card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOsh this is so super cute and I love the little heart charms you used!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...