Translate

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Puzzled?

Hello!

I wanted to show you some cards I did for a make and take at our stamping club here in Edmonton.  We call ourselves PMS.  (Pretty Mean Stampers - quit laughing!)  We have a lot of fun and we share ideas for making cards. 

This is not a new technique by any means but I like the look of puzzle pieces and try to incorporate them in my cards.  After all, they are a flat-ish embellishment and therefore easy to put through the mail system.  Basically you stamp an image, then stamp it again on a puzzle piece that has been primed with a layer of gesso paint.  You can then colour the background image and then the puzzle piece to match for texture, or contrasting.  You can also not colour the back ground and colour only the puzzle piece for a spotlight type of technique. 

This first card is a stamp from Stampers Obsession, I think, and coloured with permanent markers.  The back ground is scraps of glitter paper.  Wrapped yarn around the left side and held it in place with a flower and brad.

This stamp is a background stamp by Stampin' Up! I stamped it first in green on the background, then on the puzzle piece after I coloured the stamp with pigment ink then heat set.  Then I matched the pattern.

This key background stamp was stamped in brown then again with muticoloured ink.
 This is using the same stamp as the first card, only I left the background stamp uncoloured this time and used permanent markers to colour the puzzle piece.  I think this one is my favourite :)
Have some fun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...