Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Getting Sentimental

Hello there everybody!

This week at My Heart Pieces Priyanka challenged us to use a sentiment.  I had been feeling sentimental about this image as it reminded me of my dad.  So 'Summer Fun' was selected.  (of course it helps that I ADORE giraffes!)

This stamp was purchased a while ago and has not been used up to now!  This sentiment is what I try to live by.  Work is important, but playing each day at something you love is vital!  This image was coloured with watercolour crayons and a water brush, then cut out with Spellbinders Labels 28. I used distress ink to colour the edges and then glossy accents to make the bottle and balloon pop.  I placed a piece of giraffe printed paper on the 5.5x6" kraft card base, then ran two printed ribbons down the left.  I then adhered my cut out image.

This image was also coloured with watercolour crayons and a waterbrush then accented with glossy accents.  I cut out a mask of the image to cover my image while I added the green grass and blue sky.  I also trimmed around the balloon a bit to make it pop out from behind the mat.  The card is a 5.5 x 6.6" window card from Magenta.  Versamark and a number collage stamp from Judikins tamped around the mat to give it dimension.  I used Spellbinders Fancy Tags Dies to cut out thin cork for the greeting.  Greeting is by Magenta too.  Some scrap mesh paper and cork stickers finish it all off! 
So dig out some of those sentiment stamps and get 'sentimental'!
Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...