Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

Digi Darla Garden Time!

Happy Earth Day Everyone!
Once again I got creative and worked on a challenge that Digi Darla had last week.  I didn't get a chance to get them photographed and blog ready in time, but wanted to share with you anyway... 

I used one of the series of Sunbonnet Girls that she has and coloured them all with my watercolour crayons and water brush.  I also used a button flower image of hers to accent some of the cards too.

I used a page out of a magazine I was recycling to use as the background paper.  The piece I cut out was 4 3/4x 6" and matted it onto bright yellow cardstock then adhered it to a white 5x6.5" card front.
I traced the yellow mat with a black pen.  The image was cut out using Spellbinders' Wonky Squares dies and I cut out the mattes with the same.  Added three of the button flowers as accents. 
 
 I cut out the image using Spellbinders' Labels 2 dies.  The mat is resist kraft paper from Tim Holtz.  I used a button flower as accent here as well.  The card is 5x6.5" covered with scraps of cardstock torn and layered.  Sorry, I cannot remember who made the paper!
 
 I've been playing with acrylic paint lately and saving my scrap paper to use as backgrounds for my cards. This piece is 4 3/8 x 5 3/4" matted onto a yellow card 5x6.5" and placed onto a white card front of the same size.  After I coloured the image, I used Spellbinders' Labels 3.  The strip down the left side is another scrap from water colouring.  The final touch is 3 more button blossoms to accent in the bottom left.
 Remember the magazine page?  The title of the article was MOSAICS.  So I cut out the letters individually and used the rest of the page scraps to create the background of this last card.  I played around with the letters to get "MISS U" (in this case the 'c' became a 'u')  This time I only used part of the coloured image and cut it out using Spellbinders' Labels 22 dies.  Once matted, I added it to the top of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...