Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Digi Darla Design Team Entry

So here is another attempt to join Digi Darla's Design team.  The challenge this week is Getting Sentimental - using a sentiment.  In the spring when we got rain, I used to go out with my umbrella and my walkman and DANCE!  I did hope no one was watching, as this was my way to relieve teenage stress and I would have DIED if anyone had seen me. (Then anyway... now I don't care if anyone sees me- I'm having fun!)

I used a digital image from My Heart Pieces called 'My Name is Happy'  and coloured her in with watercolour crayons and a waterbrush.  I then used Spellbinders Labels 23 to cut out the image and its mat.  I printed Digi Darla's image 'Dance and Pray' onto the scrap of paper I cleaned my waterbrush onto then cut it out and its mat with the same Spellbinder set.  I used a side from a tissue box layered onto a scalloped cut 6x12 piece of Bazzil cardstock folded in half.  I added a strip of blue mesh from my stash and 3 tear drop shaped drops by Recollections (Michaels brand) to accent the dancing in the rain theme! :) 
 
 
Post Script:  Looks like they closed their challenge for this week early!  Oh well! I hope you enjoy the card anyways!  Hugs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...