Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recycling Candy.... (boxes)

It's so busy getting ready for Christmas!  My cards are almost done...
I know leaving it to last minute are we??? :) 

Wanted to share with you another recycling project I worked on last month.  We do not have small kids with lunches so the only time we buy small packs of chocolate is at Halloween.  Since we only had 8 kids this year at the door, we had a fair amount of chocolate left over.  I emptied all the Smarties boxes into my bowl in my craft room and thought it was a shame to waste all these pretty boxes.  (I am to bright colours as some are to shiny and glitter) 
So cover an 8 1/2" x 11 sheet of cheap paper with sookwang sheets, then peal off to reveal the stickiness.  Place cut box sides to sheet in a fun pattern. 
When you run out boxes, go find other candy wrappers to use!
 
Voila!  Brightly coloured 'paper' ready to use in your cards! 
Here are a couple of the cards I created...
 
The best part is you can use any wrapping that you have alot of the same...  Granola Bars, gum wrapping, etc...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...